Ready for some good karma coming your way? Well here’s a list of the top 20 ways to get good karma by the Dalai Lama, otherwise known as his Instructions for Life. And who doesn’t love a little extra boost of good karma?!
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk. (LOVE this one!)
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Follow the three R’s: Respect for SELF, Respect for OTHERS and Responsibility for all your ACTIONS.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. (Ooooh yaa!)
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
- If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
Well said, if I don’t say so myself.
Smile with your heart!